Thursday, September 18, 2008

25 Things I Love

So, I'm stealing this idea from Tara-Leigh Cobble, a girl I've never met but feel like could be one of my best friends. She is doing a blog series on 25 things she loves, in no particular order. So I am going to do the same.

#25 - I LOVE my friends.

Again, let me reiterate that these are in no particular order, because my friends would be much higher than number 25 were they ranked!!

God has given me the most amazing, incredible friends anyone could ever ask for. If something bad happens in my life, there are dozens of people I know I can call and rely on to love me, listen to me, pray for me, and point me to Christ. Praise God. I couldn't live this life without them. Many of you live entirely too far away, by the way.

One of you (I don't know if you will read this or not) may be feeling like you let me down. But let me tell you that I cannot even begin to comprehend the love that God has given me for you. As long as God continues to forgive me, I pray that he will give me the grace to do the same. All I want in this world is for you simply to come home to rest in the arms of Christ. I'll be here when you do.

"If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" Ecclesiastes 4:10

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command." John 15:12-14

"Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." 1 John 4:11

No comments: