Monday, January 19, 2009

The 17th Thing I Love.

#17 - Snow!!!

Oh my goodness, I LOVE snow. There is such magical excitement in the air when it snows. It's like being a small child on Christmas morning all over again. I look up in the air and just feel pure joy and magic as the flakes fall on my face, clothes, and hair. And if we're lucky enough to get any accumulation whatsoever, it is impossible not to be struck by the way snow changes things.

I never cease to be amazed at the profundity of Christ's illustration that he will make our sins as white as snow. Everything is beautiful when it snows - even things that have no beauty by themselves. When snow falls, the ugly structure it falls upon is still there. It still exists. It is still ugly. But under a blanket of pure, white, perfect snow, it is made beautiful. It has no inherent beauty in itself, but because the snow covers it, it becomes beautiful.

Today I am thankful for not only the snow falling outside, but the snow of Christ's blood that makes us beautiful in him. Snow changes things. Christ's love changes things. I hope you experience that life changing love in a new, deeper way today.

1 comment:

Janna Barber said...

Hey Rachel. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Funny thing, last week you had some old posts show up in my reader. I enjoyed rereading those and thinking about how your life has changed some in the last two years.

We are having a fun snow day too!