Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The rich and famous and miserable.

It's so easy to forget that people who are rich and famous are very rarely happy. I'm sure most of you have heard at this point that Terrell Owens (wide receiver for Dallas Cowboys) was hospitalized last night after taking 35 prescription pain killers in a suicide attempt. What misery must consume his mind and his heart. Say a prayer for him. They haven't even released information yet about whether or not he will be okay.

I hope that this will serve as a reminder to me that I should never judge people. I was one of the biggest proponents of kicking T.O. out of Philly because he was a jerk. I just forgot that jerks are jerks for a reason - they're miserable. God save him. And help me not to be so judgmental. Who am I to speak into the lives of people that I know nothing about? I am no better than anyone else (1 Peter 5:5-6, Philippians 2:3, Ephesians 2:8-9, Galatians 6:14). I never thought that I would have something in common with Terrell Owens, but I understand how he feels right now. I wish I could tell him "the reason for the hope that [I] have" (1 Peter 3:15-16).

No comments: