Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The 21st Thing I Love.

#21 - The Sky.

I don't even know where to begin. I have been obsessed with the sky for as long as I can remember. When I used to write songs, almost every single one of them had some sort of sky reference in it. I cannot watch a sunset or sunrise without having an emotional reaction to it. A huge part of that is the fact that the vastness and beauty of the sky always reminds me of our Creator, and makes me thankful for the beauty he has given us. The Bible says that the "heavens declare the glory of God and the skies proclaim the work of his hands" (Psalm 19:1). God has given me so many lessons in the skies, speaking clearly to my heart in front of the entire world.

The ever-changing beauty of the sky constantly amazes me. Many times I have almost run my car off the road trying to take a picture in order to capture its grandeur. Each moment holds something different than the one before, and different than any other moment in history. I think the sky is the reason I love the ocean, the mountains, and many of my other favorite places in nature. When the sky reaches down to touch the earth, whether over a vast ocean in South Africa or atop majestic mountains rolling over the countryside of China, the people who see it are moved. We are without excuse (Romans 1:20).

Take the time to notice some of our beautiful sunsets this fall. The last week or so has been full of amazing ones.

No comments: