Thursday, October 2, 2008

The 23rd Thing I Love.

#23 - I love football.

While this has not always been a true statement, it has been profoundly true the last 5 years or so. It all started when I began cheering for UT because of a classmate who played on the team. After being a part of Neyland Stadium at capacity (over 107,000 people), I was simply hooked.

I attended a football chapel as part of Love United Gospel Choir and was deeply impressed by the heart felt prayer of a man named Gibril Wilson. Then he went to play for the NY Giants, and my true obsession was born.

The hard hitting, the intricate rules, the players that stand out as examples to young men everywhere, and the Manning brother commercials are just a few of the things I LOVE about football. I don't remember what Sunday afternoons in the fall were like before football. Thankfully, I don't have to.

GO GIANTS!!! 3-0, baby!!!

No comments: