Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Ah, Christmas.

My family and I just went to the Jim Brickman Christmas concert at the Tennessee Theatre. Amazing. There is something truly magical about solo piano, and when it's mixed with Christmas time, I just can't take it. It's too incredible for words.

The Angel Tree is finally done. I'm sad to see it go. It was such an incredible thing to see faces light up at the sight of presents that they thought they wouldn't have. When I led one lady to the room where her children's gifts were, she said, "There must be a mistake. My kids only asked for a couple of things." When I said that those were indeed her presents, tears came to her eyes. She dropped her purse and hugged me so tightly. She said that she couldn't thank us enough, and that Christmas was going to be different now for her family. She seriously hugged me at least five times before she left. Wow. Talk about the most amazing Christmas present ever. Those serving and those served are equally transformed by the power of God's love. Thanks to all of you that embody that truth throughout the year.

Merry Christmas, everybody!

No comments: